Environmental Biotechnology Laboratory (EBL)
Various advanced facilities are being developed for this Environmental Biotechnology Laboratory of the Council. Presently, there are many advanced and sophisticated Instruments / equipments are established in this laboratory. This laboratory also provides analytical supports to the other laboratories of the council. There is also an offer to upgrade it and develop it into a Referral Laboratory in the near future. Time to time, this laboratory also organizes workshop, training, popular lectures and other awareness activities related to water and air quality under the skill development programs. At present, water quality, related aspects and microbial diversity are being analysed.
Areas of Research / Training Program
- Water quality monitoring of drinking water with reference to microbial contamination and diversity
- Application of UV Spectrophotometer in the analysis of physico-chemical parameters of drinking water sources
- Identification of causes and sources of water contaminations
- Training and awareness programs about drinking water quality
- Isolation, identification and confirmation of the micro organisms from the water and soil samples